For all appointments for Counseling call: 860-486-3692
When you call the number above for counseling, the Clinic Director or Graduate Assistant will collect basic demographic information, information about your presenting problem, your availability for scheduling and explain how the clinic works regarding Clinician Interns, Supervision and Video Recording. A short screening regarding symptoms, possible crisis concerns and history with other providers will also be collected. Fees, directions to the clinic and how counseling works can also be discussed at this time, or when a call is made for the first appointment. This phone call takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once your schedule is matched with that of a clinician, you will receive a call with an appointment time.
An email with an electronic assessment will be sent to you for completion before your first appointment. This is a health and well-being assessment which is used to make plans regarding your counseling. All information is de-identified, which means that it is coded and encrypted online so that it cannot be connected to you electronically by outsiders. The first assessment takes an average of 45 minutes to complete at home. You may also complete the assessment on a tablet, which is very easy to use, in the clinic, if you choose. Monthly follow ups of similar questions will be sent to you at the beginning of each month to track any symptoms you might have mentioned. These follow ups take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
For the Parenting Apart Education Program Co-parenting Workshop Registration, call 860-486-5001 or 1-888-311-8842 (toll free)
Class Locations: Storrs (monthly), Brooklyn (monthly), Norwich (monthly), Vernon/Manchester (quarterly)
The Parenting Apart Education Program (PAEP) ($150) is a six hour training session required by the CT family court system for all divorcing parents. It covers how to buffer the impact of divorce on children, as well as techniques for keeping communication child-focused and positive after separation occurs. Monthly classes are offered in Storrs, Brooklyn and Norwich and quarterly classes are conducted in Vernon/Manchester. To register for a class and obtain more information, see the Cooperative Parenting Tab and call 860-486-5001.
Please bring the following items to the class:
* Court Order Form This is a carbon copy form with the words “Parenting Education Program — Order, Certificate and Results” printed in the upper left-hand corner. You can obtain this form from your attorney or from any courthouse in the state. Please make sure that the Court Location, Name of Case, and Docket Number are clearly written on the form. If this information is missing or illegible it may result in a delay in processing.
* Money order or fee waiver signed by an officer of the court.
- Note: no cash or personal checks can be accepted.
- Please pay via money order or bank check. The fee is $150.00. Please make out the money order to the University of Connecticut or UConn.
- Any waiver must be signed by an officer of the court.
Class Cancellations or Rescheduling:
* In case of severe/winter weather, please call our office. Please note: if the UConn Storrs or other UConn campuses are closed, our program will be closed. We will reschedule that class, and in some instances will set up make up snow dates in advance.
* If we are closing for snow or any reason, we will make every effort to contact you by phone and/or email to let you know. You can also check with us by calling the office at one of the numbers listed above. Sometimes the University announces a closing later in the day. Please check back with our office throughout the day.
* We rarely cancel for any other reason than snow. However, we do reserve the right to cancel for other unavoidable reasons. We will notify you as soon as possible if we need to cancel or reschedule your class for any reason. Should we have to cancel a class for any reason, we will be glad to provide you with a written letter or email explanation.